Been experimenting with the vizzie patches in Max.

Been experimenting with the vizzie patches in Max.

Rorschach Blot #4

Rorschach Blot #4

Rorschach Blot #3

Rorschach Blot #3

Rorschach Blot #2

Rorschach Blot #2

A symmetrical low-poly loosely based on Rorschach Blot #1

A symmetrical low-poly loosely based on Rorschach Blot #1

Physical Computing Final: Documentation

After running into some difficultiees with my first idea, I moved onto making a wearable EMF detector.

In my first iteration, I used a jumper wire as an antenna, which translated to a bargraph output of LEDs. The hardest part was getting the right amount of sensitivity coded in as well as getting the reading to reset so the bargraph goes back down.

From there, I adapted this code for a LilyPad system. It took a while for me to orient myself to how the LilPad circuits needed to be arranged. But once I got the hang of it, the rest of the principles from the Arduino and breadboard were quick to follow.

In addition to a bargraph of LEDs along the knuckles, I put a small DC motor in the palm to give a sense of haptic feedback.

I assembled a Maker Shield for my Arduino Uno today. Feelin’ mighty proud of myself.

I assembled a Maker Shield for my Arduino Uno today. Feelin’ mighty proud of myself.

Physical Computing Project Documentation (Part 1)

I’m starting up a project for my physical computing class and I’ll be documenting my process here.

For my project, I’ll be making a synthesizer-type thing-a-ma-jig that primarily uses photo-resistors as an input. I’m intending to make it work in a similar fashion to a tremolo effect pedal. By using a pattern disk between the light source (be it an LED or the light in the room) and the photo-resistor, I will be able to variate the outcome.

Depending on how difficult it is to separate the channels, I will either make three photo resistors controlling variables like rhythm, pitch, and volume, or I will opt to make three separate instruments that only vary in one of these ways.

And here’s the promo Poster for the Life Trailer assignment.

And here’s the promo Poster for the Life Trailer assignment.

This was an assignment for my Professional Communications course. The goal of the assignment was to convey my life/personality through the medium of a movie trailer of sorts.